Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Game I Think Is Not Fun!!

The video game, a creation made for people to enjoy and play for hours on end. However, the sad truth is that every game will not suit every single interest of every person in the world. There are some games people like and those same games can be the worst creation a person has ever played. Neither is right or wrong in their decision, it is just how you feel towards a game.

One game I didn't like was Mobile Suit Gundam (PS3), it was one of the worst games I've ever played. I have played video games for about 18 years of my life and as soon as I thought of a game that "was not fun," Mobile Suit Gundam popped in my mind, it has to tell you something.


I remember the day, it never seemed so bright... everything was perfect. The day I got my Playstation 3 including: 1 system, 1 six-axis wireless controller, 1 AC power cord, 1 AV cable and 1 Blu-ray (Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby). However that day was another significant day for me, that was the day I would first unwrap Mobile Suit Gundam and pop in what was soon to be an experience I would never forget.

Mobile Suit attacking an enemy from a distance

I first looked at this as my first game into a brand new world of gaming but this was sadly not the case. The game-play was very dull. The player is a Mobile Suit and it is set in the eastern half of the world, where a war has been going on for one year. From my understanding you are on one side of the war and every mission that you must do is related back to winning the war. However I'm not really sure, I was very confused and could not get into the story. The missions were very bland and repetitive. Each mission was usually timed and you must destroy a bunch of enemy mobile suits in order to clear the level. Each suit had weapons built in, some with swords, a shield and small guns, others with small guns and larger rockets. Most suits were equip with a random assortment of these types of weapons.

A typical landscape
The sound and level design suited each other. The levels were very generic with a lot of open land, not much to look at. Some mission would be placed near enemy bases so there would be a generic base with lethargic buildings and yes, surrounded with more open land. The background music was again standard, and it was sometimes quiet. Sounds like guns shooting and swords swinging where also implemented in the game. The game overall was very simplistic and very slow.

The user interface was very confusing and felt awkward. Moving the Mobile Suit felt like reversing a big truck, very slow and hard to manoeuvre. Attacking was also very slow and it made me think that I should just put the controller down. The flow of the game was very choppy since the story was very confusing and most missions were very similar as stated earlier. A good part of the user interface was the interaction with enemies. As slow and tedious as the fighting was, the enemies always came to the user and would always try to defeat the player. 

Game Over.

Overall the game did not meet any expectations for me to be a good game. Maybe it is because this was my first game on the Playstation 3 and I had very high expectations, even so, the game did not grab my attention in any way. I would recommend this game for players that would enjoy playing a bad game, because now I have an experience I can laugh about and have some insight on games I really do not think is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment