Friday, October 28, 2011

Running out of Clever Names for Post Titles!!

A little late on my blog post this week and I must say I am pretty exhausted, brain dead is the only word that is coming to mind. A very busy/hectic week but now I can finally take a breather. The assignments I was working on is finally completed for now, the two I was working on was creating a scene with a block wall and creating a sphere to knock them down and the other was creating a camera system that could move in certain positions (i.e. first person view, third person, static and over the shoulder) The sphere one took some time as I was trying to create a sphere in Maya and apply physics to it so that it would crash down into the wall however I kept coming across problems. The way I fixed this was I used the directional vector of the camera and determined the aim of the ball, therefore when a ball shoots it will always shoot from the middle of the camera position, I added havok physics and gave it velocity to shoot forward. The ball shoots out and crashes into the wall and it is the most beautiful thing ever.

Breaking the Wall Down


The reason I worked on these assignments is because I feel they will help contribute to our game. The game will need a hit detection and what game doesn't need a camera system?

Speaking of our game we had talked a bit about it this week and we need to get cracking on certain aspects. Team Smash has some concept drawings and ideas we just need to put them into action. Below are some concept drawings that some of the team members thought we could use in the game.
Torture Item - Knives laying around basement
Torture Item - Chain and Hook







Torture Item - Chair Main Character Wakes Up On
Main Character Body Structure

No comments:

Post a Comment